It’s getting busy as end of the year / semester is coming.
For this year’s Thanks Giving Dinner, we prepared Pork and Lamb Roast, Stuffing, Green Bean Casserole, Mushed Potato, and Brussels Sprout.
- Preheat oven to 450°F
- Season meat with salt, pepper, dried herbs (Italian Seasoning), Fresh Rosemary etc.
- Cook for 30 min in 450°F, uncovered, and then put thermometer, and reduce the temp to 325°F
- The internal temp should be 155°F (2 hours or so), then remove from the oven let it sit for 10 min
- Preheat oven to 400°F (To cook together with pork, I just raised the oven temp to 350°F about 40 min before pork would be ready)
- Season Meat with Salt and Pepper
- Place on the middle rack with thermometer on
- cook until 145°F, then let it sit for 10 min
We had my parents and our family friends (a professional chef!!!) over for the dinner, and they all enjoyed the meal. We were pretty nervous serving a chef, but ended up he really liked it.
The pork was very juicy and tender, and lamb was just right as well. This time I made the green bean casserole from fresh green beans, but I think I liked the canned texture better for some strange reason.