Found some pictures from a little while back, when I cooked something “Inspired by” Carbonara. Basically, wanted to cook pasta, and I used whatever I had in my fridge (as always) and hoping for the best.
It turned out not too bad. I could have a little more salt or bacon, but over all it was pretty good.
- Onion (1/2 of medium one – that’s all I had…)
- Mushroom (a handful)
- Bacon (as much as you want!)
- Cheese (I used habanero cheese, but any shredded cheese should work)
- (Fake) Egg (the cholesterol free one in a cup)
- Salt / Pepper
- Slice Onion, Mushroom and chop bacon
- In a large sauce pan, heat oil and brown onion mushroom then add bacon
- Add milk and then simmer. Add some salt and pepper for your liking
- At this point start cooking pasta (we used angel hair, but if you are using paster it takes longer, you may start cooking pasta earlier)
- When the pasta is about to be ready remove the sauce pan off the heat, put cheese and egg in to the pan
- put pasta into the sauce pan, and quickly mix. the cheese will melt and egg will be cooked from the heat of the pasta
- Serve with fresh crack of pepper