Haven’t done recipe for a while…
Tonight, I made a pasta dish with very Japanese twist for tomorrow’s lunch box.
- Chicken Breast (half?)
- Yukari (Japanese Basil flavored with Plum)
- Sesame Oil
- Green Onion
- Olive Oil
- Salt, Pepper
- In a pot boil Water, Sake, Salt, and Hondashi (I used a mediam pot; about 1/4 cup of Sake, pinch of Salt and Hondashi, then fill with water)
- put Chicken Breast, turn down to medium heat, and keep boiling for 20 min or so until fully cooked
- Mean while, chop 2-3 Green Onion
- Once Chicken is cooked, take it on a plate, and let it cool enough to touch
- Boil water in a pot, add olive oil and salt, then put Spaghetti, then cook as direction on the box
- While waiting for the Spaghetti to be ready, pull Chicken Breast in to a large bowl, then mix with drizzle of Sesame Oil, Salt and Pepper
- Mix in the cooked pasta into the Pulled Chicken Breast, then sprinkle Yukari, Green Onion, and add more Sesame Oil, Salt and Pepper to your liking
This is very light, and healthy pasta. Yukari, is salty and sour (picked plum flavor), and it matches very well with the Sesame Oil and Chicken. This is a very simple and quick recipe!