Suddenly I thought about that I want to paint my emblems black…
On Ti-Gray with black rims (well only for track or event days though), black emblems should look good…
- Take emblems off the car, using hair dryer and fishing string.
- Sand down the emblems using 400 grid sanding paper, then smooth the surface by progressing to 2000 grid.
- Spray primer, 2-3 coat, about 10 min apart.
- While waiting it to dry (48 hours), use duck tape to take off the glue residue from the car.
- Sand the primer using 2000 grid, then spray black paint. I did 3 coat.
- While waiting it to dray (another 48 hours), clean up the glue residue’s residues, using clay bar.
- Sand the paint using 2000 grid, and spray clear coat. let it dry to 48 hours.
- Attach 3M double sided tape to the emblems, and cut the excess… it took me forever…
- Put the emblem back onto the car.
Now I need to clean up my car for the photo shoot…..
1 thought on “Black Emblems”
As far as me being a member here, I didnt even know that I was a member here. When the article was published I received a username and password, so that I could participate in the discussion of the post, so perhaps that is it. But we’re certainly all members in the world of ideas.