Yeah, cooking spree here.
Today,as usually walking through the aisles in Kroger caused me to buy things that I was not particularly planning…
While my wife was going through the cookies aisle the bright boxes of Jell-O caught my eyes. Suddenly want to eat jello, not the fully artificially flavored one, but one with some real fruits juice and some canned fruits.
- Unflavored Gelatin (One Envelope in my case…)
- Canned Fruits (Mandarin Orange, Pear)
- Orange-Mango Juice
- Open Canned fruits, and drain the juice to a majoring cup
- Rince glass cups (or whatever the container you decide to use) and leave the surface slightly wet
- Set fruits in the container (don’t worry about making it neat, it won’t stay… lol
- Mix juice from the can and the mango orange juice and add water or sugar depending on how sweet you want it to be), and make the mix to 2 cups (or the amounts that gelatin box tells you to)
- Boil (I used microwave) 1-1/2 cups of the juice mix above, and sprinkle the gelatin into the other 1/2 cups of the juice.
- Once gelatin is mixed, pour the hot juice back into the 1/2, and make the gelatin completely dissolve
- Pour the juice mix into the container, then chill in a fridge until it get firm.
I after I finish with this fruit jello, I made more, and this time used Umeshu, Japanese Plum Wine. It’s sweet, and fruity, perfect for the Jello.