It was getting late, and I wanted to have some quick and easy dinner. It was so hot and humid out today, I wanted something light. I looked up some recipes, and came across a shrimp pasta. I had a couple ingredients missing… onions, and bacons. Instead, I decided to use what I had in my fridge, cabbage and a sausage…
- Pasta (Any kind you have in your pantry…)
- Sausage: 1 (Again, any kind you have in your fridge/freezer)
- Shrimps: 6-10 medium or large
- Cabbage: I used the left over core about the size of pool ball
- Canned Tomato: 1 can
- Garlic: 1 piece
yeah.. I was missing 1/3 of ingredients I needed.
- Bring water to boil in a large pot, add some salt and olive oil to cook pasta
- Clean Shrimp (Peel, and take its tails off)
- Chop garlic and cabbage, slice the sausage
- In a saucepan, heat olive oil, a tiny bit of butter (if you desire), and then toss shrimps and half the garlic in, steam with white wine, then put it aside in a bowl
- Depends on cooking time of the pasta, start cooking paster around at this point (mine was about 7 min)
- In the same pan, put the rest of garlic, sausage, and cabbage
- Cook until it get soft, and slightly start drink, then add the canned tomato
- Sprinkle some red wine, simmer a little then put back the shrimps
- Add some salt/pepper if necessary
- When pasta is ready, toss the cause and pasta together, and Bon Appetit!
I tasted pretty good. Light, and quick. but… Cabbage can’t replace onions… and bacons and slices sausages are not the same… I knew it… it came out bit different than what I was expected. I probably cook this again though. I did like the outcome.