Sometimes, to think about what to have for dinner and next day lunch is a bit of pain…
Last night was one of those days… but after wondering around Kroger (a Local grocery store), it ended up a nice cooking evening. Crusted Stuffed Chicken, Grazed Carrot, and Stir fried green bean.
Took us about an hour and half to prepare the dinner, and had enough for today’s lunch.
Crusted stuffed Chicken
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Thigh (or breast if preferred, or want to be healthy…)
- Cheese (we used sharp cheddar that we had in our fridge)
- Panko (Breadcrumb)
- Italian Herb Mix (dried)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Chop bacon, mushroom, onion, and then stir fry with olive oil and splash of wine, sprinkle dried herbs, salt and pepper. Once it cooked throughly, put it aside
- On a baking pan, place a foil, and then put some oil or non stick spray.
- Clean the chicken, and flatten the thigh (or cut to butterfly if breast).Put the staffing above on the chicken, and then put some cheese and then place another piece of chicken like making a sandwich (or close the butterfly if breast)
- Rub mayonnaise outside of the chicken, and then sprinkle panko, and then place on to the oiled baking pan
- Place in oven for 40 min or until it’s clocked and nice crusty brown outside
- Carrots 1~3
- Sugar 2 Tbs
- Butter 2 Tbs
- Brandy, Whisky, Ram, etc (it really doesn’t matter…), 1 ~ 2 Tbs
- Cut carrots to thick (1/8 ~ 1/4″?) slices, or whatever shape you want… (I like it sliced so that it cooks quickly)
- In a sauce pan, put carrots, water (to barely cover the carrot), Sugar, Butter, and your favorite alcohol.
- On low heat, cook until carrots becomes soft. Add water if it is evaporating too quick.
- Once carrots becomes soft, turn the heat up to medium, and quickly reduce the sauce, while keep shaking the pan so that it won’t get burned.
- Once sugary butter coats carrot nice and shiny, it’s ready to go!
Stir Fried Green Bean
well, it’s just stir fried green bean in olive oil on high heat, with simple salt and pepper and some dried herbs….